Monday, April 24, 2023 (8:30AM – 5:30PM)
- Opening General Session: Bryan kicks of the Strong Leader Institute with a high energy discussion around “What is a STRONG Leader.” This will set the foundation that you will build from for the remainder of the Institute.
- Strengths-Management Principles: In this module, we will introduce you to the concept of strength-based management through the formula, (Talent + Fit) x Investment = Growth. With this knowledge you will gain a greater understanding of how to grow yourself, your team, and individuals in ways that maximizes their potential by harnessing their true talents. We will explore the concept of how to be an effective leader with activities that may change how you think about growth and potential!
- Turn Mediocrity into High Performance: Chronic mediocrity is a symptom of ineffective leadership, not poor staff. This session will give participants the proven practices needed to confidently address mediocrity, such as establishing peer accountability.
- Human Investment Planning: Participants strategically identify where their team members are in terms of potential and career trajectory, so that they can determine with whom to invest their time and who their high potential team members are.
- Talent Fit Interview: Participants learn how to use the Talent Fit interview to select individuals into their organization that exemplify the important elements of their culture.
- Watering & Weeding: Daily Leadership Tips to Grow a Team of Service Superstars: Participants learn how to cultivate an engaging work environment (soil), leverage the unique contribution or each team member (seed), ensure that recognition will be effective (watering) and remove anything that gets in the way of team excellence (weeds).
- Turn the Page: Becoming a Page Turner Leader (led by Johnny Parker): Are you a Book Mark or a Page Turner leader? Book Marks are stuck in passivity and blame and they allow others to define them and write their story. Page Turners do the common thing in an uncommon way and experience uncommon positive outcomes. They boldly decide on their personal/professional narrative and the legacy they want to leave.
Tuesday, April 25, 2023 (8:30AM – 4:30PM)
- Quit & Stay vs. Stay & Thrive: It’s bad when people quit and leave, but it’s worse when they quit and stay. In this session, participants will begin with reviewing the key factors that cause people to become disengaged at work. Then participants will learn three key strategies that help team members stay and thrive.
- Talent + Trouble Shooting Guide: This tool assists a manager in uncovering the root cause of performance issues or struggles, so that he or she can identify solutions to help the employee succeed.
- Capstone Project: You will have the opportunity to apply the tools you are learning to work on an issue that is currently challenging you. In addition to the tools, you will be assigned to a cohort of Guests who are also addressing current challenges.
- Coaching Investment Discussion: Participants learn to incorporate a structured way to regularly connect with his or her employees and discover ways to improve his or her contributions to the success and growth of team members.
- Building & Sustaining a High-Performing Team: Participants will learn key leadership tactics to unify and strengthen a team. The focus of this session will be on how to shape a culture to expedite the transition from being a team to a close-knit family.
- Leadership Best Practices for Approaching and Engaging in Difficult Conversations (led by Alicia Santamaria): In this session, Alicia will explore four practices that leaders can use to increase their effectiveness in this crucial area.Skilled leaders know that even their typical, day-to-day workplace conversations are opportunities to connect, build trust and strengthen relationships. What about the not-so-typical, really hard conversations though?What are best practices for leaders to use when a conversation involves strong and differing perspectives and where emotions and stakes might run high?